So this is probably not a big shock to anyone, but Daytona International Speedway has had to make the difficult decision to postpone all events in April.

We have already opened discussions about a new date, we actually began that conversation this morning during our call about the postponement, and the Track has already begun looking at dates for us. However, we cannot lock anything in until DIS is able to start hosting events again, and ChampCar can determine a workable date that fits our calendar. As with the other races, we will keep you informed as we learn more.

For the time being, and so we are not completely swamped with administrative work, we’d like to leave all the registrations in-place for the event. If your team needs to cancel now or you cannot make the future make-up date we can issue your race credits.

I know this is a short email, and please excuse any typos. I’m traveling home from Military duty and literally writing this from the side of the road. But I wanted to get this information out to you as soon as I could.
In the meantime, we hope you and your families remain safe and healthy.
If you have any questions about your registration please contact Katherine Miller here. katherine.miller@champcar.org

Any other general questions about the Daytona race please contact me here. dana.morrison@champcar.org
Thanks very much!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all in Florida when this passes.
The ChampCar Staff

*Postponed! NOT canceled. Dates will be made available as soon as we get it.

X