This weekend marks the return of the TireRack.com ChampCar Endurance Series National Championship. Racing the famed Sonoma Raceway in Northern California will be 34 cars with 19 cars competing for the 2020 National Championship.
National Championship Race Format – 7+7-Hour Enduro.Refer to the event supplemental rules for more information https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/400.pdf
Red flag for lunch for each race.
Two separate races with the points from each day adding to the Championship total. In the event of a tie at the end of the weekend (ex, two teams finish 1-2 & 2-1 on Sat/Sun), the higher finishing team on Sunday gets the Championship.
There will be no Parc Ferme on Saturday night, teams are free to repair their cars.
The weather looks really good with the highs being just under 70 °F (21 °C). An overcast weekend is a welcome sight after the blizzard that hit ChampCar Road Atlanta a week earlier.
The race weekend will be broadcast at http://www.champcar.live. We will also try the audio-only version at
Below is the race event schedule. Please add an 8:30 am drivers meeting for the test day to Friday’s schedule.
All National Championship Competing (NCC) cars will get a special gold-colored TireRack windshield topper and rear decal to signify who is competing for the National Championship. Below shows the national ranking of the attending teams.
|Rank||Team Name||Car #||Year||Make||Model||Drivers|
|559 Racing||559||2003||Subaru||WRX||Not Listed|
|A Few Good Cylinders||7||1999||Mazda||Miata||Spencer|
|Basil Weenie Racing||600||1990||Mazda||Miata||Humpert|
|Blown My Wad||135||1994||BMW||328 I||Christianson|
|Bunny Boys||10||VW||Sirocco||Weller |
|candlelit memorial in memory of orange yeller||214||1990||Mazda||Miata||Almand|
|District Motor Club||68||1998||BMW||328i||Smith|
|Flyin’ Hawaiians & 2 White Guys||82||1977||Datsun||280Z||Schmitt|
|Huffman Motorsports||35||1980||Chevrolet||Camero||W. Huffman|
|Nine Four Motorsports||840||1992||Lexus||SC300||Peele|
|Nine Four Motorsports||83||1994||Toyota||Supra||Peele|
|Polish Hammer Racing||445||2005||Acura||RSX-S||Owen|
|Pomona Speed Shop||236||1995||BMW||325is||P. Coan|
|Team Roto Plooker||37||1990||Mazda||RX7||Kinglsy|
|Rusty Duck Racing||99||2004||Mazda||RX-8||Mamer|
|Silver fern racing||169||mazda||Miata 169||Thompson|
|The Gunslingers Raceteam||69||1993||mazda||miata||Arellano|
|Tuttle Motorsports||108||1997||Mitsubishi||Eclipse||C. Debehnke|
|Tuttle Motorsports||107||1998||Mitsubishi||eclipse||B. Tuttle|
|Uncommon Friends Racing||46||1978||Datsun||280Z||Mills|
|Utah Valley University||12||1990||Mazda||Miata||Hasara|
|Visceral Racing Group||918||1987||Porsche||944S||Herrick|
|Zoom Zoom Kaboom||184||1994||Mazda||Miata||Gabe|
Sonoma Raceway Parc Ferme Red Flag Procedure: Both races
- 20 minutes prior to the one-hour break, a furled white flag is displayed to all cars on the course from the S/F stand. This is to signal that the pits are closing in five minutes.
- 15 minutes prior to the shutdown, the pit road is closed.
- Cars already on pit road can finish their service and leave when they want.
- Cars who hit pit road after we close it, and are not damaged are sent down pit road as a pass-through and back on to the track. No stopping at their pit box is allowed.
- Cars who hit pit road after we close it, and are damaged but repairable (flat tire, crash, etc) can go to their stall and repair the damage ONLY. No fuel or other mechanical work is allowed.
- Cars who hit pit road after we close it, and are damaged beyond repair (probably towed in) are taken to the paddock.
- With one lap to go before the shutdown, a Full Course Caution is displayed and the pace car is sent out to pick up the leader.
- The full field is collected and brought down pit road, keeping in mind the location of the timing loop. Once all cars have hit pit road, a Red Flag is displayed and Parc Ferme begins.
- Teams are allowed to remove their driver and video card from yours cameras, this is all that is allowed.
- At 12:45 teams can install cameras, and belt in new drivers.
- All cars in the active field line must leave the pit road behind the pace car for one pace lap. Cars who were in the paddock can join the field at the tail end of the pack.
- Any cars that were sent to their pit box as a damaged but repairable car during the time pit road was closed cannot continue their repairs until the field leaves pit road.
- Regular fueling can resume once the race goes back to green.